Job Title: Director of Operations (Hybrid, FT)
Hours Per Week: 32 hours, (4-day work week)
Location: 75% on-site in St. Louis, 25% remote
We believe that making mental health data engaging, accessible, and understandable can help everyone take just a little better care of themselves and each other. That’s what drives our work at Untold Media, and it’s a value we hope to share with our new Director of Operations.
Untold Media Inc is a small, Saint Louis-based digital publishing company with a work ethic that matches our professional values: we believe our company can thrive when individuals have the resources to thrive. Because of this value, the Director of Operations position promotes work-life balance in the form of a hybrid, 4-day work week with full-time benefits.
Experience the flexible and interesting work of a startup without the typical startup hustle-culture: Untold Media is a well-established, woman-led company that is currently shifting from a fully-online presence to a brick-and-mortar storefront on the arts-and-culture-centric Cherokee Street in urban St Louis.
As Director of Operations, you’ll bring oversight, standardized workflows, and management of day-to-day business operations, supporting the owner’s focus on producing creative content. You’ll collaborate with 3 other team members to create and implement business development plans, establish SOPs, develop content calendars, manage day-to-day operations of websites and online platforms (social, subscription, etc.), outsource to freelancers, and flex to learn a diverse skill set of transferable skills in e-commerce, SEO, and digital marketing.
The work we do at Untold Media Inc bridges the worlds of mental health, education, art, digital marketing, and e-commerce. We know that’s a lot! If you’ve got rockstar skills in one or two of the following areas plus a willingness to delegate and/or gain on-the-job training in a few others, we encourage you to apply. For the right candidate, this position can be tailored to let you focus on your strengths while gaining new skills.
Candidates should bring expert-level skill, experience, and knowledge in at least one of the following areas:
- Digital marketing,
- content creation,
- project management,
- affiliate marketing,
- social media,
- digital asset management,
- business development,
- Responsible for managing day to day operations of Untold Media Inc’s websites, email lists, subscription services, and social media accounts
- Responsible for collaborating and implementing business development plans, as well as delegating responsibilities to internal employees or freelance contract employees as needed.
- Works alongside staff to create SOPs for efficient workflows.
- Creates cohesive content calendars for various platforms (i.e., social media, newsletters).
- Builds and maintains operational efficiency, ensuring long-term development goals are achieved and processes are continually improved.
- Collaboratively create KPI’s and measure on an annual or bi-annual basis.
- Will be available for occasional urgent/immediate needs at the physical storefront or online platforms (which could occur outside of business hours).
- Organize, implement, and attend company participation in 2-3 Saturday events on Cherokee Street each year.
- Candidates should have robust problem-solving skills and organizational skills, and a willingness to learn new skills as needed.
- Candidates should be detail-oriented, flexible, and motivated.
- Candidates should have competency, knowledge, and awareness in matters of Mental Health.
- Formal education, such as undergraduate/graduate coursework in Psychology, Social Work, or a related field is preferred.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] The application deadline is March 15, 2023. Interview invitations will follow the deadline date, with an anticipated start date of April 1, 2023.
Pay & Benefits
Salary: $55-65k annual base range (DOE). Regular raises as training progresses with a guaranteed 12% raise from starting pay at end of 2023, if year-end goals are met.
Benefits: Partially-paid Health insurance, 10 days PTO, moderately flexible work hours, and a 4-day work week.
Untold Media Inc complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability or sex.