Job Title: Fulfillment Specialist (PT)
Hours Per Week: 6-8 hours, in 1-2 on-site shifts (schedule is extremely flexible)
Location: Cherokee Street, Saint Louis, Missouri
We’re looking for someone to handle order fulfillment and customer engagement, with a personal, intentional, and creative touch.
Our perfect candidate understands that sending a package is a human connection. It’s an opportunity to build a relationship that extends beyond a single transaction. It’s a canvas to create, play, and surprise.
Sound a little odd? Yes, well, welcome to Untold Media!
Untold Media Inc is a small, Saint Louis-based digital publishing company with a work ethic that matches our professional values: we’re all about teaching others to take care of themselves and each other a little better through intention, awareness, and kind practices. We’re looking for a creative package packer and imaginer-of-customer-engagment who can embody those values through the art of creating mailers, bundles, and generally fun-to-open mail.
Experience the flexible and interesting work of a startup without the typical startup hustle-culture: Untold Media is a well-established, woman-led company that is currently shifting from a fully-online presence to a brick-and-mortar storefront on the arts-and-culture-centric Cherokee Street in urban St Louis.
As a Fulfillment Specialist, you will ship orders and curate subscription mailers containing selections of adorable art from our catalog and packaging in a way that’s relationship-building and engaging for customers to receive.
The Fulfillment Specialist will work from our Cherokee Street storefront 1-2 shifts each week. This employee will be responsible for checking our system for pending orders, fulfilling those orders, shipping orders, and transferring them to the USPS mail stream.
After initial training, this position will expand to include working with printers and vendors to develop new products bearing company art for patrons and our website, as well as work supporting artist-Patron relationships within the Patreon digital space.
- About 2hrs each week: print orders, pulling products, packaging, and creating shipping labels.
- About 2-3 hrs each week: Designing, packaging, and sending creative and fun-to-open packages to subscription customers.
- About 2hrs each week: Working within Amazon’s Seller Central to manage and restock Fulfillment by Amazon inventory.
- About 30 minutes each week: Monitoring product stock and shipping supplies, reordering from vendor, researching packaging.
- Time varies: Supporting relational engagement on Patreon. (Initially, this will be limited to preparing mailings for patrons, but will expand to screening DM’s, analyzing patron behavior, and creatively engaging with Patreon benefits.)
- About 30 minutes each week: Light cleaning duties (collecting trash, surface dusting, light organization, etc.) between visits from professional cleaners.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Organization, punctuality, good communication and problem solving skills are essential.
- The ability to create visually appealing packaging, as well as color-coordinated and fun-to-open mail. (If you love stationary and love wrapping gifts with flare, you might be a perfect fit!)
- While not required, education or natural skill in basic graphic design is desired and would facilitate promotions.
- Experience with printing services, online order management, warehouse, or Amazon FBA backend is a plus but not required.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] The application deadline is March 21, 2023. Interview invitations will follow the deadline date, with an anticipated start date of April 15, 2023.
Pay & Benefits
Pay: $17/hr with regular raises & opportunity to train to advance into a tech/marketing role.
About Untold Media Inc:
Untold Media Inc is a media company behind diverse web properties including lindsaybraman.com. Our primary product is creative content at the intersection of art and mental health. We produce meaningful, informative, research-based multimedia web content on the topics of mental health, travel, animals, journaling, and more.
Untold Media Inc complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability or sex.